Register your child for Kindergarten by calling the Central Office (402) 461-7500.
|HMS and HHS will NOT be operating on an "opening schedule" when school starts in August 2014. These two buildings will be going full days right away and only K-5 will have an opening schedule with 1 p.m. dismissal the first week. The decision will be made on Thursday, August 21st as to whether the opening schedule for K-5 will be extended into the second week of school, so stay tuned. Please also make note that the HMS start and end time is now 8:10-3:35. and HHS is 8:05-3:30. All elementary times have stayed the same, 8:10-3:20 p.m.|
The School Community Liaisons perform a variety of duties throughout the school day. Our main duties are to work with students and families on issues facing them both in and outside of school as they impact education. Some of the barriers students and families experience include: truancy, homelessness, teen parenting, family crisis, poverty, lack of food and clothing, legal issues, medical & mental health issues, communication, and cultural issues. We strive to assist in locating resources within the community to help our students be successful at school as well as at home and in the community.
Below are a list of resources within the community that may be helpful:
- HOTLINE: 1-800-652-1999
- Head Start -Educational Services for Children and Families
- Answers for families-Nebraska Resource Referral
- Crossroads -Four-phase program of recovery to homeless men, women and children. Hot meals open to community.
- Catholic Social Services- Local need assistance
- 211 -Nebraska Resource Referral
- Nebraska Department of Health and Human services -Information on Kids Connection, Developmental Disability Benefits, Financial Assistance and other state and community resources
- SASA Crisis Center -Domestic and sexual Violence assistance
- Workforce Development -Local job information and unemployment benefits
- Immunization Clinic-1st Thursday of each month