The School Community Liaisons perform a variety of duties throughout the school day. Our main duties are to work with students and families on issues facing them both in and outside of school as they impact education. Some of the barriers students and families experience include: truancy, homelessness, teen parenting, family crisis, poverty, lack of food and clothing, legal issues, medical & mental health issues, communication, and cultural issues. We strive to assist in locating resources within the community to help our students be successful at school as well as at home and in the community.
Below are a list of resources within the community that may be helpful:
- HOTLINE: 1-800-652-1999
- Head Start -Educational Services for Children and Families
- Answers for families-Nebraska Resource Referral
- Crossroads -Four-phase program of recovery to homeless men, women and children. Hot meals open to community.
- Nebraska Department of Health and Human services -Information on Kids Connection, Developmental Disability Benefits, Financial Assistance and other state and community resources
- SASA Crisis Center -Domestic and sexual Violence assistance
- Workforce Development -Local job information and unemployment benefits
- Immunization Clinic-1st Thursday of each month